Features and Benefits
- Latest IGBT inverter technology
- MMA (stick electrode)
- Hot start (improves electrode starting)
- Arc Force (boosts current to prevent electrode extinguishing)
- Excellent arc stability with all electrodes
- DC Scratch start TIG, basic DC TIG application
- Thermal overload protection
- IP21S rating for environmental/safety protection
- Generator compatible (recommend 8.0KVA minimum)
- Tolerant to variable power supplies
- Fitted with and approved to use domestic 15 amp plug
The VIPER 160 is a new generation, low cost welding machine produced using the latest in IGBT inverter technology. Designed to meet the needs of the price conscious light commercial user without compromising on quality, this machine is as reliable and robust as you would expect a machine bearing the UNIMIG name to be.
The DC MMA welding function delivers a smooth and incredibly stable arc allowing easy welding with electrodes producing high quality welds including cast Iron, stainless steel and low hydrogen. The VIPER 160 is also equipped with Scratch Start DC TIG capability and connection of the 17V TIG torch allows DC TIG welding of steel, stainless steel, bronze and copper.